It is no secret that when it comes to taste Apple and Google hardly agree. Each company made a list of the best applications of 2015 and the results couldn’t be more mixed. A BBC article compiled the 2 lists with a brief description of the applications, focused on the ops ones of the two lists, below you will see their findings.
Each list includes a total of 25 applications, however only 3 are present in the list of Apple for iOS and Google’s for Android. In regards to the number 1 the difference is greater. From a practical point of view their findings are opposite: Periscope helps you make a connection with the world while Colorfy allows you to spend a pleasant time alone. Let us see that in detail.
Application of the year by Apple
Periscope is a free downloadable application that offers the possibility of transmitting live videos taken with a Smartphone. It was developed by Twitter, which says it was downloaded more than a million times in its first week in the Apple store. Launched in March 2015, after 4 months it already had more than 10 million users.
Application of the year by Google
Colorfy is a coloring book application for adults, available on Android and iOs devices. The developer, Fun Games For Free, explains it as a “color therapy” and “the anti-anxiety secret”.
The application includes lots of drawings to be colored with your finger. Although it is free you need to pay if you want to get more designs and colors. You have the option to share pictures on social networks.
Robinhood: You can buy and sell shares in the United States without paying for each transaction. It has a convenient design which facilitates stock exchange. After launching in December 2014 in iOs and in Android August 2015, by September 2015 it had already 500,000 users.
Jet: It’s a shopping platform that uses strategies to get discounts or to reduce shipping costs and thus get products at a lower price. Initially there was a membership of US $ 50 per year, but has been free since October 2015 . The problem is that the application only works in the United States.
HBO Now: allows to watch the shows of the cable channel HBO in exchange of a monthly fee of US $ 14.99. At the moment it can only be used in the United States.
This is the rest of Apple’s list:
- Enlight: photo editor
- Workflow: Process Automator for iOS devices
- Instagram: photography
- Hopper: Predicting prices of airline tickets
- Darkroom: photo editor
- Lark: personal trainer to lose weight
- The Everything Machine: educational game
- Pacemaker: music mixes
- Tandem: Language Learning
- Timeline: news
- Vee for Video: video capture and editing
- Fit Men Cook: healthy recipes
- Spark: email
- RefME: quotations and bibliographic references creator
- Wildcard: news
- Paper: Writing and annotations
- GIPHY CAM: GIFs camera
- PRY: fiction
- Reuters TV: video news
- Zova: exercises
- Blue Apron: recipes
- Khan Academy: education
- Flipagram: presentations with photos, video and music
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom: photo editor
- B & H Photo Video Pro Audio: purchase of professional equipment
- Ginger Emoji Keyboard: Keyboard
- Language Learning: Language Learning
- Cute: beauty items shopping
- theScore: sports scores
- WPS Office + PDF: editor for Office documents
- Dashlane Password Manager: password manager
- Backgrounds HD: wallpapers
- Kitchen Stories: recipes
- Toca Nature: educational game
- YouTube Kids: videos for children
- Showtime: TV channel
- Peak: educational game
- Retrica: photography
- Memrise Learn Languages: Language Learning
- Trulia Real Estate & Rentals: real estate
- Wishbone: Educational game
- We Heart it: images and quotes