WhatsApp became part of our lives. The ability to chat, send audios, videos and photos instantly changed the way we communicate with individuals and groups of people. Not surprisingly, with 700 million users, WhatsApp is considered the most popular mobile messaging application worldwide.
However, despite its popularity only a few users take full advantage of the application since most people are unaware of its best tricks. Hence, we prepared a list with the most useful WhatsApp tricks that will make your life easier and will avoid you many problems.
1- Remove the controversial «blue double check»
With the arrival of the blue check to WhatsApp, along came the complaints. The tool enables a double-check as an indicator that the sender read the message, however, many users complained that it was an invasion of their privacy and that it could create many problems with their friends and couples. Therefore, the platform had to provide solutions to its controversial double check, enabling a function that protects the privacy and removes those read receipts.
How to do it? By simply going to Settings> Account> Privacy and remove the check from ‘Read Receipt’.
See also: Facebook Tricks you did not know
2. Remove the date of last connection
If what you want is that no one can control when you last logged, do not worry because that is also possible.
How to do it? Login to Settings, choose Account -> Privacy -> Last Seen. There select the Nobody option. Very easy!
3. Add more than one administrator to a group
Nothing is more famous than the groups in WhatsApp, but nothing more tedious than having to ask permission to add or remove someone in a group? To avoid the absolute monopoly of an administrator, you may add other people as administrators in group chats.
How to do it? Just enter the group information window, click the member you want to do an administrator. Among the possible options you will find ‘Make group administrator’.
4. How to know who has read a message in a group
You send a message to a group, the minutes passed and no one answers. It may be because of two things, either because they ignored it, or because the message has not been read yet. The first option we cannot be sure if it is true or not, but we know if they have read the message.
To do this, something as simple as pressing your message until at the top an information icon (i) within a circle appears. You click on it and see the information of the message, who has received it, at what time, and also who has read it, with the time as well. If everyone has read and nobody answers, perhaps it is true they have been ignoring you or the joke was really bad.
5. Mute a group or a contact
The groups are very useful and it is even fun to stay in touch with friends, family or co-workers. But to be honest, we all have a group or a contact on WhatsApp that drives us crazy with the sea of messages and notifications.
How to do it? To avoid spam madness is possible to silence a group or even a contact, you only need to enter the group then press on three dots which appear in the top bar and choose the option ‘Mute’. To mute a contact you must go to his or her information and where it says notifications choose ‘Mute’.
6.- Send the same message to several people
If what you need is to send a message to many people, but you do not want to do it in a group, more like individually to each person. Then what you need is the broadcast messages option.
How to do it? In the chat screen press the menu button and create a ‘New mailing list’. There just select the contacts you want to send the message to.
7.- Recover old WhatsApp chats
If you change your smartphone, once you install WhatsApp you will see that all conversations were lost, but there is a way to save conversations and avoid losing any data.
How to do it?
- Make a backup of your old smartphone conversations. You can do this in Settings -> Chat Settings > Save conversation.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB and locate the WhatsApp/Databases folder. There is where the backups are stored. The file name will start with «MSGSTORE» followed by a date, depending on the day and time that has been saved.
- Save the entire Databases folder in your computer.
- Install WhatsApp on your new phone. Be careful; do not open the app yet.
- Connect your new smartphone to your computer via USB. When you open the WhatsApp folder you will see Databases again, if not, you can create one with that name.
- Copy all files which name starts with «mgstore” from your computer to your new phone.
8. Avoid pictures and videos to be automatically downloaded
One of the reasons why more data gets wasted is because the photos and videos that are sent to WhatsApp are automatically downloaded, and sometimes you do not want to see them all.
To avoid this, this is the simple trick: Settings> Chats and calls> Save Incoming Media
There you will be asked if they should be downloaded only when you are connected to WiFi or never or always, you choose.
9. Use WhatsApp on your PC
You can actually check messages of WhatsApp on your computer and chat from there instead of using the phone. To do this, you can use WhatsApp website.
This is the official way to use your application on a computer. The difference is that, first, it only works with Google Chrome, and second, your phone must be on and connected to the Internet, that is, must be available to receive messages. If you do not get messages in your smartphone, neither will your WhatsApp on your PC.
How to do it?
- Update WhatsApp through Google Play.
- Access web.whatsapp.com and always through Chrome.
- Using the app on the phone, go to Settings -> WhatsApp website.
- Scan the QR code on the browser on your PC.
- WhatsApp website will open automatically.
10. Read your WhatsApp statistics
It is a curious fact: the number of messages received and sent.
But it is also useful: if you reset the statistics, you can know how much data you have spent in a certain amount of time, which helps save internet.
How to do it?
It’s simple: Settings> Account> Using the Network.
Taken from: Conozca Grecia